|Posted on November 21, 2012 at 4:50 AM|
Siberian cats are very close to the natural "wild" state of Felis Catus (Felis silvestris catus). As such, they exibit many traits of the natural cat. This healthy behavior is one of their charms, and these native tendencies are also one of their needs. When you provide the activities and options your Siberian needs and enjoys, you will keep her healthy, happy, and protect your home (belongings) all at the same time.
So, what are these natural tendencies?
2. Being "up."
4. Being warm.
6. Natural Food
8. Affection / Attention
What Are The 5 Ways I Can Help Meet My Siberian's Natural Needs?
1. Providing several * tall* climbers or acceptable access points to high places that feel safe and offer a view. This helps meet needs # 1, 2, 5, 9, and 10.
2. Providing opportunities to sunbathe in warm windows. This helps meet needs # 4, 5, and 9.
3. Providing either a Siberian playmate, or ensuring that you have at least two extended play sessions a day with your cat. This helps meet needs # 5, 7, 8, and 9.
4. Rotate Toys, hang bird feeders near windows, provide a variety of scratching surfaces through the home (vertical, horizontal, on the floor, hanging from the door, poles, etc), provide access to enclosed areas outdoors, or harness and leash you Siberian to safely offer outdoor experience to her, as well as offer videos developed specifically for cats - these contain views and sounds of live birds, squirrels, mice to stimulate interest and engage hunting / problem solving brain activity in your Siberian. These activities meet needs # 3, 5 and 9.
5. Ensure you offer your Siberian the absolute best quality food you can afford together with fresh, clean water in a new bowl daily. Consider raw feeding - as a natural breed Siberians love real food! This step helps meet your Siberian's needs # 5, 6, and 9.