|Posted on March 9, 2018 at 9:55 PM|
Old Fashioned Chicken Stock Recipe.
Chicken stock is a wonderful way to add nutritious hydration to your Siberian cat's diet. Simply stir some stock (aka "broth"), into your Siberian's wet food. Increasing a Siberian cat's hydration is a terrific way to avoid urinary blockages, kidney problems, dehyration, and a bunch of other ills.
1 whole chicken, rinsed
2 pounds of carrots
Water to cover
LARGE pot with lid.
1. In your largest pot, place the rinsed chicken together with giblets/heart/ liver (from inside chicken).
2. Add 1 # peeled carrots, and cover all with fresh water.
3. Cover pot and bring to boil.
4. Reduce to fast simmer, place lid ajar, and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Strain liquid into another container, save. This is stock!
6. Refill pot with water to cover chicken add the second pound of carrots, and repeat steps 1-5.
7. Mix all the liquids together so they have equal amounts nutrition, flavor, and gelatin. Decant into storage containers leaving room for expansion when frozen. Freeze all containers but what you will use in next few days.
Unless your family likes soups (ours does) or cooking rice or steaming veggies in stock (ours does), this will last a good while for two kitties.
The cooked chicken meat can be used for a sandwiches, soup, or salad if you remove most of it after first boil My youngest son, Ashton, used to call this 'chicken soup' and eat it out of the pot
Categories: Feeding, Care Practices, Health & Disease