Posted on March 10, 2014 at 1:40 AM
Above is a raw meat preparation night using our original 1/2 hp Northern Meat Grinder.
So-EZ Raw Food Recipe
- 10 pounds of raw muscle meat on the bone (i.e., meat from chicken thighs / drumsticks, turkey, lamb, etc), ground.
- 1 pound raw chicken heart, ground. > If no heart is available, substitute with 4000 mg Taurine.
- 1/2 pound raw chicken liver. > If you can't find liver, substitute 40,000 IU of Vitamin A and 1600 IU of Vitamin D, powdered.
- NOTE: If you cannot find the heart or liver and instead substitute with the Taurine, and Vitamins A and D, remember to replace the missing amount of organ meats with the equivalent amount of muscle meat. In other words, lacking heart, add another 1 pound of meat. Lacking liver, add 1/2 pound meat in addition to the replacement supplements.
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 pound each carrots and peas, steamed lightly in the chicken stock, then ground.
1. Gently stir meats together with the chicken stock, eggs, and steamed vegetables.
2. Add 1/3 cup kitty bloom vitamins
3. Add 1/4 cup powdered acidopholous
4. Add 1/8 cup powdered lysine
5. Portion and freeze for three days prior to serving.
6. Drizzle salmon oil and sprinkle a small amount of dulse (for trace minerals) over each portion prior to serving.
Note: Taurine is so important that many people supplement it to ensure due to degradation from freezing and also the varying amounts of tuarine present in farmed animals.