There is no cost or obligation to purchase when you complete and return informational forms. Instead you will benefit from our extensive expertise and experience in working with Siberian cats and Siberian pet families.
4. Complete and return the Kitten Inquiry Form and respond to any questions we of you ask in reply.
If you are not cat allergic or asthmatic, you may now skip ahead to step #11.
Explore Allergy Options
5. If you are cat allergic or asthmatic, after completing and responding to the Kitten Inquiry Form, you will receive the Allergy / Asthma FYI and Form via email, and complete steps 6 - 10.
6. Complete and return your Allergy / Asthma Form.
7. Respond to any questions we ask of you in reply.
8. Read any informational or allergy challenge emails we send in response to your Allergy / Asthma Form.
9. If approved as a kitten home pending a successful allergy challenge, make arrangements to conduct the necessary challenge.
10. If your challenge is successful, your kitten reservation with ForestWind will be confirmed.
Make Your Kitten Reservation
11. Complete and return your Kitten Reservation Form and Purchase Contract (these will be sent to you via email).
12. Make your reservation payment.
13. At the time you are approved for a reservation you will be expected to "Friend" us on Facebook that so you can be added to your season's private kitten reservation group. This is non negotiable.
Remain Informed and Involved
14. Read the materials and information already posted on the group and post your questions.
15. Keep up with your kitten reservation group's posting and notices.
* This is especially important to you in case earlier kittens become available.
Prepare to Bring Your Kitten Home
16. Learn about nutrition and environmental enrichment options and decide which to implement prior to bringing your kitten home.
Select Your Kitten
17. Kittens are selected in order of reservation.
Coordinate Kitten Pick up with Breeder.
18 All kittens are picked up in person - no exceptions. We do not ship / we do not courier. You must be able to pick up your kitten in person in Buffalo, NY. If we are in our Winter home, we may be able to arrange for you to pick up your kitten in Tampa, Florida.
19. If Flying, explore best airlines for pet travel. Purchase an airline compliant kitten carrier - typically this carrier is not large enough to use when your Siberian is a teenager or adult. Consider donating it to your local shelter after homecoming.
Provide a Successful and Patient Transition Period
20. Transition your Kitten according to ForestWind's Transition instructions. Stay in direct communication with ForestWind Siberians until your kitten is well settled and behaving affectionately and playfully with a variety of people and is confident and comfortable in a variety of situations.