Small, nurturing cattery: We are a family who loves and raises Siberian cats in our home and does our best to match our kitten and its temperament and needs to the needs and preferences that you express to us. This means that you may need to be patient while waiting for your kitten. While we do our best to ensure every family gets a kitten in a timely fashion by limiting our reservations, nature is still "the boss," and there are times that our queens (mama cats), have very small litters, which of course limits the number of kittens.
: Getting a Siberian kitten from ForestWind is a collaborative process. We are learning about you and your needs, and you are learning about us and our Siberians. Please feel comfortable asking as many questions - and for as many clarifications - as you need. There are no "stupid" or "silly" questions - they are all good! Sometimes we will refer you to information on our web site, in other instances the situation might be particular to you and your home and we will answer that question with individually specific information :) ForestWind Siberians is definitely not the right breeder for every family, so we happily share contact information for many other Siberians breeders on our Links page
. The Links page is a resource for you, not a recommendation of a breeder by us. Conduct due diligence in your research.
Labour of Love: Our Siberians are not a business to us. Our Siberians are our beloved pets. We adore the breed and do everything we humanly can to protect it and to provide our own Siberians and each ForestWind Siberian a happy and healthy life. We are dedicated to answering your questions, including researching topics extensively when needed. However, please remember to be realistic about response time and repetitive questions. We are not a hobby cattery. We are not "open" 24 hours a day, we love and live with our Siberians, sleep, spend time with our family, and engage in activities other than those related to placing kittens.
Diversity for Health: Since we focus our breeding program on health, temperament, and genetic diversity, there is more of a range in the appearance and size of our Siberians than there is in a cattery who is breeding with the more genetically limited lines for the show hall. If you are looking for a show kitten, you will want to look for breeders who are spending a lot of time and money in the show halls - this is not us, nor is it our focus.
: We know you are eager to bring home your Siberian kitten, and are spending a lot of your time thinking about this, researching it, and getting ready. We are delighted to help you with this. Many of the topics and information people want is already published on our website, in our emails to you, and on our Facebook page. Please read carefully prior to asking a list of questions, thank you :) Please be sure to carefully read the detailed information we share with you, as it assists you in staying on track. You might wish to print this information out and save it in a binder to refer to as you progress through your kitten exploration. Remember, you begin this process by taking the time to carefully read through the information we share, and then to share some basic information about yourself and the temperament, activity level, and appearance of the Siberian kitten you would like to bring home. Take time to enjoy your kitten exploration process! Well bred, healthy Siberians are a long lived breed, typically thriving for 11 to 13 years, and a fair number of Siberians live 14 to 17 years. Let's work together to make those terrific years for you and for your Siberian! We encourage you to "Like and Follow" us on our Facebook Fan page ForestWind Siberian Cats
where we share helpful Siberian cat information and resources, as well as cute kitty photos, of course! You can also follow us on Instagram
Kitten Selection: When it is time for kitten selection, we work closely with you. You complete a set of questions about your current preferences and needs, and we recommend appropriate kittens and share their photos & descriptions with you.
*Yes, we have kittens available in 2023!
* Yes, we offer a complete genetic health warranty - and it even includes FIP.
* Yes, we'd love to chat with you 😺 (see above for prerequisites to scheduling a phone call).
* Yes, we take pride in our wonderful group of kitten parents, and offer our support and information for the life of your ForestWind Siberian cat.
* Yes, we breed Siberian cats because we love the breed and deeply believe in their benefit as happy and healthy family members for cat allergic or asthmatic homes, as well as hold an exceptional role as therapy pets.
* Yes, in most cases, if you are allergic you can get a fur sample.
* Yes, all of our our pet kittens are placed microchipped and vaccinated.
* Yes, our kittens go home between 3 and 4 months of age to allow for proper emotional and physical development. Each litter is different and dates are set with the kittens' needs and best interests as our standard.
* Yes, we will have retired Siberians available in 2023. These adult Siberians have been raised in our breeding program. We place our Siberian Retirees in non smoking, non allergy, non asthma, homes as single pets, or occasionally with a dog. Retiree Homes are either child free or children are over ten years.
* Yes, we look forward to meeting you in person when you pick up your kitten. We do not ship nor courier kittens.
* And, yes, we take breeding and raising our Siberians seriously.